EDMED FOR TEACHERS
EDMED PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
As teachers, it's important to consider the whole of the child's wellbeing when planning for the student - socially, emotionally, cognitively and physically.
Our EDMed Professional Development provides teachers with information and educational strategies that can be applied to children with a diverse range of illnesses.
By registering for our free, one hour, professional development session we can assist teaching staff to:
- Better understand the impact of chronic illness and treatments on a student’s learning
- Examine the emotional, social, physical and cognitive issues faced by students
- Develop ideas and strategies to enhance learning
- Examine the changes needed to achieve better learning outcomes
- Understand the teaching learning approaches specific to students with chronic health issues
- Examine the importance of school connectedness
EDMed is approved and or accredited in most states in Australia as teacher’s professional development.*
EDMed Professional Development can be delivered face-to-face to education professionals. EDMed face-to-face is suitable for small-scale meetings, university lectures, or large-scale Professional Development events.
EDMed Professional Development can be accessed by individual teachers via our online module. With EDMed online teachers can log on anywhere, anytime.
*EDMed is approved in Australia as teacher professional development. Completing EDMed will contribute to 1 hour of Professional Development addressing 1.1.2 and 1.5.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers. In NSW, completing EDMed will contribute to 1 hour of NESA Registered PD towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation.